These are links to foster care (more broadly referred to as "child welfare") organizations with general information on foster care.
- Maryland Association of Resources for Families and Youth
- Only Heroes Need Apply (Becoming a Treatment Foster Parent)
- Foster Family-based Treatment Association
- Consortium for Child Welfare (DC)
- Maryland Department of Human Resources
- Child Welfare League of America
What does the child welfare system look like nationwide? Here are several useful pages with answers.
- Child Welfare Fact Sheets (Casey Family Programs)
- Statistics about foster care and adoption (America Radioworks) Cites the Chapin Hall Center for Children at Univ. of Chicago and U.S. Dept. of Health and Human Services.